Stenson Suzuki Studio
Suzuki violin, viola, and cello lessons in Maple Grove. MN
"The journey is more important than the destination."
About Steve Stenson:
- Suzuki teacher for 40 years teaching violin, viola, and cello
- Lifetime member of Suzuki Association of the Americas
- Member of Suzuki Association of Minnesota
- Member of the American String Teachers Association
- Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education from the University of Minnesota with an emphasis on violin, viola, and cello
- Studied violin with: Dr. Richard Massmann of the University of Minnesota and Richard Adams of the Minnesota Orchestra, violin and viola with John Tartaglia of the Minnesota Orchestra, and cello with Tanya Remenikova of the University of Minnesota
- Suzuki Association of the Americas teacher training with Nancy Lokken, Alice Joy Lewis, Doris Preucil, Joan Rooney, Sonja Zeithamel, Evelyn Hermann, Ronda Cole, Paul Landefeld, Katherine Wood and Nancy Jackson
- One 30 minute private lesson once per week
- One group lesson once per week
- Music theory for students beyond Book 1
- Two levels of orchestras (beginning and advanced)
- Small ensembles
- Two solo recitals per year
- Two group recitals per year
- Orchestras and ensemble concert
- Summer fiddle concert and potluck
- Attendance of home-teacher (parent) required at lesson
- Teaching ages 3 years old and up
- Individual student "Book recitals"
- Summer "Torture Camp" one week day camp in August full of fun
About Teaching Philosophy
ALL CHILDREN HAVE TALENT
- Lessons are tailored to each student's needs and strengths.
- Sequential "small-chunk" progress.
- Review, review, review.
- Polish, polish, polish.
- Beautiful tone comes from thoughtful posture.
- "Mr. Steve" believes in lots of humor.
- He is very, very picky and has lots and lots of fun.